Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development. May take a primary role on small projects working directly with a Principal.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfills all qualifications and responsibilities of Architect I position
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, studies and reports, and solutions to architectural problems
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits detailed understanding of project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Develops details, coordinates work with others on project team and with outside project consultants
- Organizes work efforts and self-monitors time spent on tasks
- Checks work of junior project team members
- Communicates with project team and outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions and documents the outcome of those communications
- Exhibits detailed understanding of building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Exhibits understanding of zoning, building and accessibility code requirements as they relate to the project and conforms work to such regulations
- Reviews shop drawings, prepares supplemental architectural instructions to contractor and responds to contractor’s requests for information during construction phase under supervision of the project Architect
- Contributes to team effort by cooperative and interactive working methods
- Checks accuracy of own work product
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Understands and conforms work to SCB office standards including CAD and working drawing procedures
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere and is willing to share knowledge and support the project and studio team constructively at all times
- 5 or 6 year accredited professional degree in architecture
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate, full-time working experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, and Revit drawing programs. Familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Designer Technical II job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.