Green Building Specialist. Provides expertise on green building rating systems, green building codes, and energy codes. Provides project management of green building certification for SCB projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports project team with green building certification and green building code technical expertise early in project including checklists and internal/external project meetings.
- Provide project management for green building certifications being performed by SCB, primarily LEED. This includes consultant coordination, construction administration, and regular updates for stakeholders.
- Provide documentation for green building certification on SCB projects, primarily LEED.
- On projects requiring third party consultants, provide support to SCB team and documentation when required. Includes: Well, Fitwell, Green Point, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, and others.
- Through internal presentations, intranets posts, emails, and memos keeps SCB educates staff on basics of green building certifications systems.
- With Sustainability Director reviews SCB standards and practices regarding green building certification and code compliance.
- Assists Sustainability Director with implementation of relevant changes to SCB standards and practices.
- Monitor changes to zoning and building codes related to green building requirements, energy efficiency, water efficiency, wastewater, storm water, hazardous materials, renewable energy. Disseminates information to SCB staff when required.
- Assists firm resource librarian with maintaining current information related to building materials, fixtures, and equipment related to material health and transparency. Ensure that SCB staff has access to the latest reference materials.
- Bachelor’s degree (Prefer related field)
- Well-rounded knowledge of green building rating systems particularly LEED.
- Basic understanding of energy codes and energy modeling (optional)
- Strong understanding of sustainable design principles.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Green Building Specialist’s job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.