Participates in municipal, academic and private development planning projects exhibiting good design, writing and organizational skills as well as experience in working with project teams.
- Responsibilities include computer graphics, research, land planning, writing, design and administrative support to planning projects and GIS coordination.
- Contributes to general preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, and studies of various types as directed by project leaders
- Performs computer drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital and physical model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits understanding of general project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work.
- Organizes work efforts and self monitors time spent on tasks.
- Communicates internally and with outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions
- Understands basic zoning, building and accessibility code requirements and applies this criteria in work performed
- Contributes to team effort by cooperative and interactive working methods
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Understands and conforms work to SCB office standards including computer software standards.
Relations with Others
Works effectively in an interactive and collaborative team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in architecture, planning or landscape architecture.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in the fields of architecture, planning, landscape architecture or municipal government.
- Proficient in computer graphic programs including (CAD), 3D Modeling, and Adobe suite especially InDesign.