The Executive Assistant provides executive-level support and is responsible for performing a number of administrative duties for management. The EA also works with the office’s Studio Assistants, providing back up support as necessary. The EA is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to up to 10 Principals
- Manage and maintain complex Outlook calendars for Principals, coordinating internal and external meetings and making last minute adjustments when necessary
- Maintain Principal learning units for transcript through American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Process expense reports and monthly credit card statements
- Assist in the planning and set up for company-wide events and communications
- Act as point of contact between executives and employees/clients
- Book all-encompassing domestic and international travel logistics for Principals; manage on-line bookings with travel agency through Concur
- Negotiate and maintain corporate accounts with local hotels
- Manage Principal’s publication subscriptions
- Schedule and coordinate large team and cross-functional meetings
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding efforts
- Assist in the coordination of quarterly Board Meetings
- Maintain an electronic filing and tracking systems for multiple projects.
- Create reports, spreadsheets and correspondence, as directed
- Assist in the coordination and follow up of special events including logistics, program planning, site visits
- Organize department files and coordinate projects as needed.
- Assist in covering Reception, as needed
- High energy necessary for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent grammar, writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent typing skills, proficiency in Windows, MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and extensive knowledge of Outlook. Familiarity with Newforma is preferred.
- Ability to work with many different people and be a team player as well as respond quickly to various demands.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, deal with deadlines, and handle last-minute changes is essential.
- Willingness to assist other support staff functions when requested.
- Proactive, open to making suggestions and receptive to altering practices to streamline functions.
- Availability to work overtime with occasional availability on weekends when required.
- Physical ability to perform moderately strenuous, routine office-related tasks and duties with or without accommodation.
- Must be highly customer focused, self-motivated, proactive and strong attention to details.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant in a professional, entrepreneurial, environment supporting senior management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, proofing skills required
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Advanced knowledge MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stress while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Senior Studio Assistant job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.