About SCB Seattle
SCB is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence opening a new Seattle office as an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice. We are looking to bring on board an entry level designer to help build an office that is equal parts SCB and Seattle.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and driven design professional who wants to get in on the ground floor to help us build a vibrant practice and culture working on mixed-use multi-family, commercial office, and higher education projects.
You’d be joining us in our new office, located in the center of historic Pioneer Square district, with easy access to Occidental Square and the waterfront. SCB Seattle, working in tandem with our San Francisco office, is already at work on several exciting projects in the Western US and Canada.
Ideal candidates will exhibit a passion for design, show a willingness to work in a collaborative environment, and possess a basic to intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, details and construction techniques. You’ll work with a team of talented and collaborative professionals to perform work on all basic aspects of projects during all stages of project development under the direct supervision of a senior Architect and/or Principal. You will also closely collaborate with project teams and outside parties to prepare design studies, graphic representations, technical drawings, studies, and other materials related to architectural design.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development
- Contributes to general preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, and studies of various types as directed by project leaders
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital and physical model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits understanding of general project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Organizes work efforts and self monitors time spent on tasks
- Communicates internally and with outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions
- Exhibits basic understanding of general building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Understands basic zoning, building and accessibility code requirements and applies this criteria in work performed
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times
- Accredited professional degree in architecture
- Between 0 to 3 years of post-graduate, working experience in the architectural profession
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD programs. Familiarity with software programs such as Enscape, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.