SCB San Francisco
SCB San Francisco is looking for talented, junior designers and technical staff at the start of their promising careers to join our team.
At SCB everyone touches the design. Our team is nimble, creative, and efficient. Our designs are responsive, responsible, and distinctive. Our people come from a range of backgrounds, and we value the varied perspectives, experience, and expertise they bring to their work.
The San Francisco office, now 13 years young, has that distinctive California vibe. Chill, hip, and a little bit funky, our growing San Francisco family includes Chicago transplants, West Coast natives, and everyone in between. Best of all, we still have the local flair of an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice.
Ideal candidates will exhibit a passion for design, show a willingness to work in a collaborative environment, and possess a basic to intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, details and construction techniques. You’ll work with a team of talented and collaborative professionals to perform work on all basic aspects of projects during all stages of project development under the direct supervision of a senior Architect and/or Principal. You will also closely collaborate with project teams and outside parties to prepare design studies, graphic representations, technical drawings, studies, and other materials related to architectural design.
- Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development
- Contributes to general preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, and studies of various types as directed by project leaders
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital and physical model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits understanding of general project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Organizes work efforts and self-monitors time spent on tasks
- Communicates internally and with outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions
- Exhibits basic understanding of general building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Understands basic zoning, building and accessibility code requirements and applies this criteria in work performed
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times
- Accredited professional degree in architecture
- Between 0 to 5 years of post-graduate, working experience in the architectural profession
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD programs. Familiarity with software programs such as Enscape, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Life at SCB
We support our teams with competitive, comprehensive benefits including, but not limited to, medical, dental, disability, paid holidays and time off, and 401K retirement matching. SCB established a flexible work environment, and we encourage our employees to lead healthy and balanced lives with year-round flexible hours, a hybrid remote work schedule, and summer Friday hours.
You’ll Learn at SCB! SCB cultivates a strong coaching and professional development environment that encourages career growth with a multitude of training and professional development programs. SCB offers a range of resources to support career development, including coaching, mentoring, professional association memberships, and licensing examination reimbursement. We view our employees’ development and growth as our responsibility to the broader AEC community.
We continually evolve and look for ways to make the work environment comfortable while cultivating a stimulating atmosphere that promotes design and creativity. We value our people.
SCB collects personal information (PI). The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services. SCB does not sell or offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI upon request by calling one of our office numbers or emailing Hello@scb.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however, SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.