SCB has an excellent opportunity to join our new start-up location in Seattle. SCB Seattle is already hard at work in Washington and throughout the Pacific Northwest. The firm’s first project in Seattle is a contemporary 27-story condominium tower at 615 Eighth Avenue on First Hill.
We’re just getting started. We are looking for creative, passionate, driven design professionals who want to collaborate on great design while shaping the urban landscape, and who will help build a thriving practice and studio culture.
Ideal candidates will exhibit a passion for design, show a willingness to work in a collaborative environment, and possess a basic to intermediate understanding of building materials, systems, details and construction techniques. Revit proficiency is required. Experience with design and graphic illustration software programs such as Rino, Grasshopper, Sketchup, 3D Studio Max and the full Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the full design process, including preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, studies, reports, and solutions to architectural problems
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and builds both physical and digital model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Develops details, coordinates work with others on a project team and with outside project consultants
- Communicates with project team and outside parties regarding specific tasks and/or project related questions and documents the outcome of those communications
- Reviews shop drawings, prepares supplemental architectural instructions to contractors, and responds to contractor’s requests for information during construction phase under the supervision of the project Architect
- Perform Other Duties as Assigned
SCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity! SCB does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.