SCB is currently seeking a motivated, experienced BIM Manager to oversee the BIM modeling and utilization process within the San Francisco office relative to individual architecture and design projects. This role will collaborate closely with project teams and Principal Architects to provide solutions specific to drawing and project model production and utilization. The successful candidate will train users across the organization on BIM related software and techniques. The BIM Manager interfaces with, but does not work within the SCB Technology Group.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with Project Teams under the direction of Studio Leaders (Directors) and Project Managers
- Regularly coordinates efforts with SCB BIM-CADD Manager
- Focuses on the application of BIM to project design and delivery within the office
- Works with project teams to set up BIM model(s) on individual projects within the office
- Periodically reviews BIM model(s) at project milestones to determine conformance with internal BIM standards and advise project teams relative to model optimization and utilization
- Develops BIM tools, techniques, and data utilization options to optimize project design and production efforts
- Interface with firm Technical Design Services to coordinate with office Standards updates, technology research, Peer reviews, and QA clash detection
- Develop and implement in house training for staff relative to BIM tools, techniques, and data utilization options to optimize project design and production efforts
- Implements strategies for mining data from BIM models to facilitate design and project support efforts
- Assists office leadership in evaluating potential pilot projects to optimize BIM and BIM related performance within the office
- Makes recommendations to office leadership on internal and external resources needed to insure project success
- Reports to Managing Director
- 5-10 years BIM management experience
- 5 years’ BIM experience across all project phases, with an emphasis placed on model management and technical documentation; technology training experience
- Professional degree in architecture. Registered Architect a plus
- Passion for technology; strong communication skills, both written and verbal; strong management and leadership skills
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the BIM Manager job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity! SCB does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.