SCB is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence. We currently have several high-profile projects under construction in Honolulu and are looking for a talented and passionate individual to assist our local team in bringing these exciting projects to reality.
At SCB everyone touches the design. Our team is nimble, creative, and efficient. Our designs are responsive, responsible, and distinctive. Our people come from a range of backgrounds, and we value the varied perspectives, experience, and expertise they bring to their work.
Ideal candidates will exhibit a passion for design, show a willingness to work in a collaborative environment, and possess a basic understanding of building materials, systems, details and construction techniques. Although we are looking for someone to initially assist with construction administration, this position has the potential for growth into other roles within our organization.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture
- 3+ years minimum post-graduate, full-time professional experience
- A passion for design, a pulse on emerging trends, and a developed point of view about your work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the capability to influence outcomes
- Acute attention to detail and aesthetic sensibility
- Enthusiasm for utilizing a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and establish priorities
- Ability to travel locally to and conduct field observation walks and meetings in Honolulu
- High-rise multi-family residential, commercial experience preferred
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule – office, remote, and site
- Basic understanding of Revit, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Assist our CA team in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Provide construction administration services for the construction phase of one or more projects
- Coordinate project construction phase activities with client, consultants, contractors, city agencies, and internal team members as required
- Communicate and coordinate effectively, while maintaining positive communication with other project team members
- Assume ownership of assignments and meet deadlines with diligence
- Participate in quality control reviews as may be necessary
- Demonstrate best ideas and work ethic as we continue to offer exceptional service to our clients