Entry level position. Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to general preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, and studies of various types as directed by project leaders
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital and physical model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits understanding of general project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Organizes work efforts and self monitors time spent on tasks
- Communicates internally and with outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions
- Exhibits basic understanding of general building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Understands basic zoning, building and accessibility code requirements and applies this criteria in work performed
- Contributes to team effort by cooperative and interactive working methods
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Understands and conforms work to SCB office standards including CAD standards and working drawing procedures
- Checks accuracy of own work product
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times
- 5 or 6 year accredited professional degree in architecture
- 1 – 5 years of post-graduate, full-time working experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, and Revit drawing programs. Familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Designer Technical job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.