This position is within our Studio ORD office, working in conjunction with our Joint Venture partners, on the O’Hare Global Terminal. For more information on this studio and project, please visit www.studioord.com.
Entry level position. Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to general preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, and studies of various types as directed by project leaders
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital and physical model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits understanding of general project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Organizes work efforts and self monitors time spent on tasks
- Communicates internally and with outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions
- Exhibits basic understanding of general building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Understands basic zoning, building and accessibility code requirements and applies this criteria in work performed
- Contributes to team effort by cooperative and interactive working methods
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Understands and conforms work to SCB office standards including CAD standards and working drawing procedures
- Checks accuracy of own work product
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn. Supports the project and studio team constructively at all times
- Accredited professional degree in architecture
- Limited experience in the architectural profession, generally between 0 to 3 years of post-graduate, professional working experience
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD drawing programs. Familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Perform Other Duties as Assigned
SCB collects personal information (“PI”) provided to it by individuals, including, but not limited to, your name, addresses, email address, and phone number. SCB collects PI of businesses and individuals that are not employees primarily for the purposes of maintaining contact with those individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request. You can also request that your PI can be deleted but SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation. You can access your PI or request deletion of your PI by calling our office numbers or emailing SCB at firstname.lastname@example.org.