Performs work on basic aspects of projects under the direct supervision of an Architect or other senior personnel during all stages of project development. May take a primary role on small projects working directly with a Principal.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfills all qualifications and responsibilities of Architect I position
- Contributes to detailed preparation of design and technical drawings, design representations, studies and reports, and solutions to architectural problems
- Performs drafting, design rendering, and 3D digital model construction of design concepts for assigned portions of a project
- Exhibits detailed understanding of project design philosophy and adheres to this philosophy in performance of assigned work
- Develops details, coordinates work with others on project team and with outside project consultants
- Organizes work efforts and self-monitors time spent on tasks
- Checks work of junior project team members
- Communicates with project team and outside parties regarding specific tasks and / or project related questions and documents the outcome of those communications
- Exhibits detailed understanding of building materials and systems, details and construction techniques
- Exhibits understanding of zoning, building and accessibility code requirements as they relate to the project and conforms work to such regulations
- Reviews shop drawings, prepares supplemental architectural instructions to contractor and responds to contractor’s requests for information during construction phase under supervision of the project Architect
- Contributes to team effort by cooperative and interactive working methods
- Checks accuracy of own work product
- Seeks input and direction from supervisor at appropriate times while striving to generate solutions independently
- Understands and conforms work to SCB office standards including CAD and working drawing procedures
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere and is willing to share knowledge and support the project and studio team constructively at all times
- 5 or 6 year accredited professional degree in architecture
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate, full-time working experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, and Revit drawing programs. Familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Designer Technical II job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.