The Graphic Designer is an integral member of SCB’s Marketing Department, which supports the firm’s architecture, planning, and interior design studios. The Graphic Designer’s primary responsibilities include concepting and creating graphic content for the firm’s marketing and business development efforts, and ensuring a cohesive use of images and visual communication standards, to both internal and external audiences. The Graphic Designer reports to the Marketing Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design all graphic content for the firm’s general marketing efforts
- Ensure the quality, dissemination, and oversight of the firm’s branding/graphic standards to both internal and external audiences
- Create unique and on-brand print and digital collateral for the firm, such as trend pieces, research papers, publications, project case studies, etc.
- Design custom portfolios and presentation slides reflecting the firm’s brand and key messaging
- Design marketing materials (print and digital) for event and conference sponsorships
- Develop and produce creative solutions for leave-behinds, presentations, design competitions, brochures, event collateral, portfolios, and other marketing collateral
- Create custom, data driven, graphics for select project pursuits, such as infographics, schedules, etc.
- Provide graphic design support for public relations and communications including but not limited to social media and award submittals
- Provide design assistance with firm’s e-communications
- Coordinate production of materials with printers and other vendors as needed
- Provide graphic design assistance to architectural teams, as needed, with design presentations and concept books
- Manage www.scb.com including uploading new and maintaining existing content
- Intermittently collaborate with the architecture, interior design, and planning studios for project-specific design deliverables including, but not limited to, environmental graphics, signage, etc.
Essential Skills / Attributes
- Keen typography skills for both digital and print
- Sophisticated knowledge of layout, composition, and color
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to collaborate with teams across all offices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to function individually and in a team environment
- Exhibit a savvy attention to detail from print to digital
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design / Visual Communication required
- 1-3 years of experience in a design firm or agency
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (Bonus: After Effects and Premiere)
- Bonus: Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Graphic Designer job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit https://www.scb.com/careers/
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples