SCB is seeking to grow its marketing team with the addition of a Graphic Designer. We are looking for a creative, motivated, and energetic colleague with strong graphic design skills and an interest in architecture/design, who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. The firm is embarking on a re-branding effort this year and the Graphic Designer will be an integral part of internal team working with an external consultant on this important project, from inception through implementation.
The Graphic Designer is a key member of the larger marketing team, working to help manage, enhance and expand the SCB brand and the firm’s overall graphic identity. This is a fast-paced environment where we encourage new ideas and creativity, promote individual ownership and responsibility, support each other, and celebrate our successes as a team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the re-branding effort at SCB, working with internal stakeholders and an external branding consultant
- Design all graphic content for the firm’s general marketing efforts
- Ensure the quality, dissemination, and oversight of the firm’s branding/graphic standards to both internal and external audiences
- Create unique and on-brand print and digital collateral for the firm, such as trend pieces, research papers, publications, project case studies, etc.
- Design custom proposals, portfolios, and presentation slides reflecting the firm’s brand and key messaging
- Design marketing materials (print and digital) for event and conference sponsorships
- Develop and produce creative solutions for leave-behinds, presentations, design competitions, brochures, event collateral, portfolios, and other marketing collateral
- Create custom, data driven, graphics for select project pursuits, such as infographics, schedules, etc.
- Provide graphic design support for public relations and communications including but not limited to social media and award submittals
- Provide design assistance with firm’s e-communications
- Coordinate production of materials with printers and other vendors as needed
- Provide graphic design assistance to architectural teams, as needed, with design presentations and concept books and firm leadership for internal meetings
- Manage www.scb.com including uploading new and maintaining existing content
- Intermittently collaborate with the architecture, interior design, and planning studios for project-specific design deliverables including, but not limited to, environmental graphics, signage, etc.
Essential Skills / Attributes
- Keen typography skills for both digital and print
- Sophisticated knowledge of layout, composition, and color
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to function individually and in a team environment
- Exhibit a savvy attention to detail from print to digital
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design / Visual Communication required
- 1-3 years of experience in a design firm or agency
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (Bonus: After Effects and Premiere)
- Bonus: Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Marketing and Communications Specialist job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.