The Human Resources Generalist role is a corporate position with some location specific responsibilities as outlined below. The HR Generalist is responsible for providing support to employees for various HR related topics, assisting with the implementation of human resources programs including benefits, immigration/visa processing, and training, ensuring that the firm is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Works closely with the Human Resource Manager in evaluating ongoing HR tasks and activities in support of the firm’s strategic business plan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conducts onboarding for the San Francisco office and Seattle offices; assists in the scheduling of respective participants.
- Assists in the administration of various employee benefit programs to include group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability insurances, COBRA administration, and CA FMLA/PPLO/WA FMLA/PFML.
- Manages Immigration/Visa process and acts as the liaison between legal counsel and employees.
- Manages participation in the Mentoring Program – works with studio leaders to create mentor/mentee matches. Conducts semi-annual mentorship surveys for match and program feedback.
- Participates and assists management and employees with the Performance Management Process, organizing meetings, and follow up discussions as necessary.
- Assists with the development of job descriptions; conducts salary surveys when necessary.
- Participates with HR Manager in the investigation and resolution of employee relations problems, anticipates problems whenever possible, and develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution.
- Assists Corporate Management in postings for job searches and in the recruitment/selection process. Creates and manages postings for job searches.
- Manages annual training requirements for all offices for compliance.
- Assists in the regular maintenance of the ADP WorkforceNow and Deltek Vision databases.
- Communicates frequently with HR Manager regarding tasks, issues, status updates, etc.
- Works with HR Manager to maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Enhances job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities.
- Ensures compliance with labor regulations and assists in the EEO-1 and VETS annual reporting.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree. 3 to 5 years’ experience in HR
- Working toward SHRM certification a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of local and state laws for CA and WA preferred
- Motivated Self-Starter.
- Approachable to staff with a problem-solving focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to deal with deadlines, last-minute changes and multiple tasks
- Team player, ability to work with different people and respond quickly to multiple demands
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the HR Generalist job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.