SCB Boston is looking for talented project managers seeking to expand their leadership and have meaningful impact on significant projects and the growth of a new Boston office. Ideal candidates will exhibit a passion for design and exploration, with a willingness to work in a collaborative environment. If you have the drive and desire, SCB has the place for you to develop and grow your career.
The Project Manager is primarily responsible for providing project leadership and oversight to the entire project process, including the development of fees, staffing plans, project financial performance and project execution. The Project Manager candidate should be organized, a good communicator, have extensive client interface experience, and be eager to take on the challenges of managing multiple complex Interior projects in a variety of sectors. An understanding of contracts and fee proposals, schedules and staffing and the ability to manage consultants and project cost are critical to a project’s success. The Project Manager should offer mentorship and guidance to design team members and demonstrate superior client service externally. We offer high profile projects, a collaborative and innovative design culture, and strong growth potential within a dynamic team environment.
Qualifications, Essential Skills/Attributes
- 12-15 years of industry experience including a minimum 5+ years as a Project Manager on Interior Architectural projects.
- Strong portfolio of Workplace experience preferred.
- NCIDQ Certificate Holder, Registered Interior Designer or Licensed Architect preferred.
- In collaboration with the Senior Design and Technical team, responsible for formulating schedule, staffing and budgets for assigned projects.
- Prepare proposals for RFP and RFQ responses with Principal and Marketing team, that include fees, phase durations, project descriptions and consultant responsibilities.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Managing Principal, appropriate AIA Architect-Client contracts.
- Develop consultant RFPs, review proposals, and execute architect-consultant agreements. Reviews consultant invoices and issue invoices to the client for work completed.
- Track performance of all projects and maintain a successful multiplier.
- Develop a project milestone schedule in coordination with the consultant team.
- Prepare the project work plan in conjunction with the senior team leader including the timing and format of drawings, schedules, and specifications or descriptions.
- Organize the work efforts of SCB’s project team on a day-to-day basis and function as the primary facilitator of communication between the in-house team and out-of-house consultants.
- Exhibit an understanding of building code, accessibility regulations, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the capability to influence design outcomes.
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages.
- Highly proficient in management software programs– specifically Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Excel.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Interiors Project Manager job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.