The Marketing and Communications Specialist (MCS) is an integral member of the Marketing department, primarily focused on communications and pursuit coordination. The MCS oversees pursuits across all firm sectors, coordinating RFP/Q submittals and interview materials. Additionally, they manage the firm’s website content and annual award submittals. The MCS works closely with the Director of Marketing on developing key messaging, supporting PR efforts, and identifying opportunities for further firm/brand exposure. The MCS reports to the Senior Marketing Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Proposal and Presentation Coordination and Production
- Manage pursuit process from start to award including coordinating project teams, scheduling and participating in strategy sessions, creating a pursuit schedule and outline, assigning tasks, helping craft key messages/differentiators, communicating with sub-consultants, and coordinating materials.
- Attend pre-proposal meetings hosted by the client as needed
- Design and produce proposal, presentations, and any other materials/leave behinds needed for pursuit.
Key Messaging / Project Related Materials
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to develop key messaging for firm as a whole and specific to various sectors (residential, office, hotel, higher education, interiors and planning) for use across multiple mediums (web, e-communications, press, etc.)
- Work with design teams to craft all project-related materials (project pages, resume listings, web postings, etc.)
- Maintain firm’s brand standards book.
Public Relations / Awards and Speaking Engagements / Social Media
- Work with Director of Marketing and PR Consultant to write content and develop/compile other necessary materials for potential press opportunities.
- Research design award programs and opportunities.
- Coordinate awards submittals including assembling submittals with the design teams, writing narratives, etc.
- Track local and national conference presentations, sessions, and speaking opportunities to help further the firm’s brand and marketing goals and write, edit, and submit session proposals when appropriate.
- Oversee all social media accounts for the firm, developing and posting content consistently to all channels.
Maximize firm exposure
- Serve as an ambassador of the firm at events and identify engagement and exposure opportunities in the local design and civic communities.
- Manage logistics for firm sponsorships, contributions, and event coordination.
5+ years experience in a marketing/graphics/communications field (AEC industry highly preferred) and proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office. Strong written communication skills. Creative, organized, and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline driven environment. Positive attitude, proactive, committed, and able to jump between multiple tasks easily. Personal interest in design and knowledge of AEC industry a major plus.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Marketing and Communications Specialist job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.