SCB is seeking to grow its marketing team with the addition of a Marketing and Communications Specialist (MCS). We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and energetic colleague with strong writing skills and an interest in architecture/design, who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. The Marketing and Communications Specialist (MCS) is a key member of the larger marketing team, working to help the promote the firm’s portfolio and expertise, enhance and expand the SCB brand, and help firm win new business. This is a fast-paced environment where we encourage new ideas and creativity, promote individual ownership and responsibility, support each other, and celebrate our successes as a team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Proposal and Presentation Coordination and Production
- Manage the pursuit process and the design, creation, and production of proposals from beginning to end. This includes working with Principals and the firm’s business development team; developing outlines and timelines; scheduling meetings and organizing the team; gathering required information; designing and producing the proposal using SCB graphic standards; and ensuring the deadlines are met.
Key Messaging / Project Related Materials
- Develop and write key messaging for firm as a whole and specific to various sectors (residential, office, hotel, higher education, interiors and planning) for use across multiple mediums (web, e-communications, press, etc.)
- Work with design teams to craft project narratives.
Public Relations / Awards and Speaking Engagements / Social Media
- Work with Director of Marketing and PR to write content and develop/compile other necessary materials for potential press opportunities.
- Track design award programs and oversee submittal process including assembling materials with the design teams, writing narratives, etc.
- Track local and national conference presentations, sessions, and speaking opportunities to help further the firm’s brand and marketing goals and work with leadership to write, edit, and submit session proposals.
- Oversee all social media accounts for the firm, developing and posting content consistently to all channels.
Maximize firm exposure
- Serve as an ambassador of the firm at events and identify engagement and exposure opportunities in the local design and civic communities.
- Manage logistics for firm sponsorships, contributions, and event coordination.
5+ years experience in a marketing/graphics/communications field (AEC industry highly preferred) and proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office. Strong written communication skills. Creative, organized, and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline driven environment. Positive attitude, proactive, committed, and able to jump between multiple tasks easily. Personal interest in design and knowledge of AEC industry a major plus.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Marketing and Communications Specialist job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.