SCB’s marketing team is looking for a Marketing and Communications Strategist (MCS) to help develop and maintain the firm’s marketing strategy and brand, with a specific focus on communications and messaging targeted to multiple markets and sectors. The MCS works as part of a larger, collaborative marketing team and reports to the Director of Marketing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of key messaging: In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, the MCS will be responsible for developing key messaging for firm as a whole and various sectors (residential, office, hotel, higher education, interiors and planning) for use across multiple mediums (web, e-communications, press, etc.) in accordance with firm’s brand and marketing goals;
- Write project related materials and award submittals: Working with the design teams, the MCS crafts all project-related materials (project pages, resume listings, web postings, etc.) as well as narratives and information required for award submittals;
- Write/edit proposals: The MCS will be responsible for collaborating with sector leaders and business development team (firm wide) to write content in response to requirements as specified by RFQ/Ps.
- Pursuit coordination: As needed, coordinate the production office qualifications, proposals, interviews, and presentations, with support from marketing staff;
- Manage presentation opportunities: Track local and national conference presentations, sessions, and speaking opportunities that help further the firm’s brand and marketing goals. Working with the Director of Marketing and Sector
- Leaders, write, edit, and submit proposals when appropriate and help coordinate presentations;
Maximize firm exposure: Serve as an ambassador of the firm at events and identify engagement and exposure opportunities in the local design and civic communities.
Other duties as needed and assigned
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing/communications/journalism field. Excellent writing and editing skills. Personal interest in design and knowledge of AEC industry a major plus. Personable, proactive, self-starter that excels at strategic thinking. Organized and able to prioritize and deliver in a deadline driven environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office and InDesign. Please submit writing samples when applying.