SCB is an award-winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national perspective and a well-established ninety-year practice looking to grow our Seattle office by bringing on board a talented Project Architect to help build an office that is equal parts SCB and Seattle.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and driven design professional who wants to help us build a great practice and office culture working on multi-family, mixed-use, commercial office, and higher education projects.
You will be joining us in our new office located downtown in the historic Skinner Building, with easy access to transit and the waterfront.
SCB Seattle, working in tandem with our San Francisco office, is already at work on several exciting projects throughout the Western US and Canada.
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture
- 6+ years minimum post-graduate, full-time professional experience
- Licensed Architect in the US
- Multi-family residential project experience. Commercial office, and higher education project experience a plus
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated experience with local zoning ordinances, building codes and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated, and explained to approval authority’s
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgement
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct and mentor younger staff at all project stages
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Is integral in the implementation of project design philosophy and works toward the successful execution of the project throughout the design and construction phases
- Leads team meetings and client presentations working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Mentors and trains junior staff in a constructive and thoughtful manner
- Organizes the work efforts of SCB’s project team on a day-to-day basis and functions as the primary facilitator of communication between the in-house team and out-of-house consultants
- Leads research and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Salary: $84,000 – $130,000 dependent on experience
- We offer 401(k), and comprehensive medical and dental benefits for employees and their eligible family members. We also provide paid time off, paid holidays, and a flexible hybrid work schedule.