SCB is an award-winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence and a well-established ninety-year practice looking to grow our Seattle office by bringing on board a talented Project Manager to help build an office that is equal parts SCB and Seattle.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and driven design professional who wants to help us build a great practice and office culture working on multi-family, mixed-use, commercial office, and higher education projects.
You will be joining us in our new office located downtown in the historic Skinner Building, with easy access to transit and the waterfront.
SCB Seattle, working in tandem with our San Francisco office, is already at work on several exciting projects throughout the Western US and Canada.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture
- 10+ years’ experience on large scale multi-family residential buildings. Experience in Class A office buildings, higher educational facilities, and hotels a plus. License preferred.
- Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, form, texture, proportion, composition
- Working knowledge of local zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated, and explained to approval authority’s ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials, and construction trades
- Working knowledge of AIA standard contracts and customary scope of services and standard of care provided by architectural firms
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project; familiarity with Revit a plus
- Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgement
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the overall management of the design team to deliver the project in accordance with the project objectives
- Responsibility for managing the project team to achieve the financial performance targets
- Oversees the timely delivery of services throughout all project phases and manages the billing and receipt of payment for those services
- Is the day-to-day point of contact and interface between the client and the SCB team and consultants
- Assists with preparation of fee proposals
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability
- Supervises staff during the construction phase of the project and attends progress review meetings
- Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff
- Salary: $105,000 – $145,000
- We offer 401(k), and comprehensive medical and dental benefits for employees and their eligible family members. We also provide paid time off, paid holidays, and a flexible hybrid work schedule.