We are a boutique interior design studio with a diverse portfolio of award-winning projects, including hospitality, workplace, and higher education. As an interiors team working within the infrastructure of a robust architectural and planning practice, our mission is to create unique, highly crafted interior design experiences for our clients.
Our ideal Project Manager candidate has 10 + years of industry experience including a minimum 5+ years as a Project Manager on Interior Architectural projects. The Project Manager candidate should be organized, a good communicator, have extensive client interface experience, and be eager to take on the challenges of managing multiple complex Interior projects in a variety of sectors. An understanding of contracts and fee proposals, schedules and staffing and the ability to manage consultants and project cost are critical to a project’s success. A Project Manager is responsible for the project performance (including financial performance) within SCB as well as its success with our clients. SCB provides a team environment that assigns a senior Interior Designer and seasoned project architect to every job , and supplements with junior staff as required. We offer high profile projects, a collaborative and innovative design culture, and strong growth potential within a dynamic team environment.
SCB is an architecture, interior design, and planning firm that practices nationally from offices in Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Seattle. Since its inception in 1931, SCB has embraced a future-oriented design ethos that places inventiveness and innovation at the firm’s core. We value our people and are committed to personal and professional growth, including mentoring, professional association memberships, and licensing examination reimbursement, and a comprehensive benefits program. Our vibrant and diverse office culture embraces bold ideas, knowledge-sharing, and collaboration….and we never underestimate the importance of a good happy hour.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the senior design and technical team, formulates schedule, staffing and budget for projects.
- Prepares proposals for RFP and RFQ responses with Principal and Marketing team, that include fees, phase durations, project descriptions and consultant responsibilities.
- Proficient and experienced in developing workplace test-fits proposals
- Develops, in conjunction with the Managing Principal, appropriate AIA Architect-Client contracts.
- Develops consultant RFPs, reviews proposals, and executes architect-consultant agreements. Reviews consultant invoices and issues invoices to the client for work completed.
- Tracks performance of all projects and maintains a successful multiplier.
- Develop a project milestone schedule in coordination with the consultant team, manage the workflow of the SCB and assure that adequate staffing is assigned.
- Responsible for communicating with client on payment and resolving any associated issues.
- Responsible for requesting and negotiating reasonable compensation for Additional Services with the client if additional work is requested or required outside of the agreed Basic Services on a project.
- Exhibits an understanding of building code, accessibility regulations, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project.
- Possesses strong software skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, and Excel
- Clear and effective communication with clients and team members
- A creative person with excellent organizational, and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all project phases of work including programming, space planning, FF&E process and procurement, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction contract administration
- Promotes a positive team effort by cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism, leadership, and mentorship for junior staff
Performs Other Duties as Assigned
- Attends Industry and Business Development Events.
- Develops Studio events to promote staff education.
- Participates in Studio and Firm events.
- Professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years post graduate, full-time working experience.
- Highly proficient in management software programs– specifically Microsoft Office programs
- Professional certification preferred – NCIDQ Certification, Registered Interior Designer, Licensed Architect, LEED AP
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.