Your Career with SCB
At SCB we design and impact urban environments with large scale projects- and have transformed the skyline of almost every major city across the country. We leverage our national experience to innovate and drive design solutions at every scale. We are designers that enjoy solving and delivering exciting and sophisticated designs for our clients. At SCB everyone touches the design. We appreciate bold, thoughtful, and creative people looking for new opportunities to influence and lead.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from multi-family, office, life sciences, campus environments, hospitality, aviation, and more. Our portfolio is comprised of the successful contributions and collaborations of our teams and their experience and expertise in getting great projects built.
The Project Manager will coordinate and direct internal project teams and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on medium to large-scale projects. We are seeking individuals to represent SCB’s mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to mentor our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to settle and grow.
What You Will Lead
- Exhibits thorough understanding of complex building materials and systems, details and construction techniques, primary structural and MEP/FP systems and their operation, and secondary building systems, with specific knowledge of Class-A office buildings.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of zoning, building code, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project and checks documents for compliance. Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations.
- When applicable, prepares initial fee proposals in conjunction with the Principal-In-Charge and adheres to established scope of services. With participation of a Principal, negotiates additional services fees with clients for additions to project scope and/or revised responsibilities.
- Exhibits a thorough knowledge of the Owner/Architect agreement, project schedule, and project budget parameters and organizes work activities to be in conformance. Takes responsibility for rectifying variances from established project goals. With participation of a Principal, negotiates final Agreements with clients and consultants.
- Manages the financial performance of projects by proper allocation of resources, timely initiation and resolution of critical tasks, and effective decision-making.
- Supervises SCB staff during the construction phase of the project and attends progress review meetings in accordance with the Owner/Architect agreement. Reviews all requests for payment and change order proposals and certifies to owner.
- Participates in strategic discussions with senior management on issues that affect the firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction, and profitability.
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff.
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture.
- 10+ years of experience on large scale, Class-A office buildings. Additional experience on multi-family residential buildings, hotels, and/or higher educational facilities a plus. License preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit and familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design preferred.
- Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated, and explained to approval authorities.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials, and construction trades.
- Working knowledge of AIA standard contracts and customary scope of services and standard of care provided by architectural firms.
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts.
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment.
Life at SCB
You work in diverse studios with talent from across the country and the world. We support our teams with a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, disability, paid holidays and time off, and 401K retirement matching. SCB’s wellness initiative established a flexible work environment even prior to COVID and we encourage our employees to lead healthy and balanced lives with year-round flexible hours and summer Friday hours.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development. SCB cultivates a strong coaching and professional development environment that encourages career growth with a multitude of training and reimbursement programs. We view our professional development programs as our responsibility to the broader AEC community.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.