The Resource Librarian manages, organizes, and maintains material library collections. The collections include a variety of materials aiding in product selection and research for both the Interior Design and Architecture studios, alike. The Resource Librarian also maintains relationships with industry vendors, tracking the latest product introductions, and curating all materials that find their way into the library collections. The Resource Librarian reports to the Director of Technical Services and works closely with Interior Design staff, Sustainability Staff, Technical Directors and Information Technology in support of their services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations of the firm’s material libraries, i.e., large product sample collections, print resources (codes, standards, product binders, magazines, etc.), and electronic resources.
- Manages the resources content on the firm’s intranet interface, including an activities calendar, digital resources, and posts on the latest presentations and products.
- Provides research services to project teams, finding appropriate products for current projects, researching appropriate code/standards/ordinances and technical data, etc.
- Coordinates the AIA accredited Lunch and Learn presentation schedule, along with the Interior Design product presentation schedule, finding relevant presenters.
- Maintains relationships with industry vendors, meeting regularly for product updates and maintenance of vendor contacts.
- Develops and implements long-term planning for the material libraries.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the collection and storage of project technical data in SCB data base.
- Coordinates the use of AV, presentation, and construction administration equipment
- An accredited undergraduate (Bachelor) degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or Art.
- An accredited graduate degree in disciplines such as, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Library Science, Product Design, etc. preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years post graduate design or construction related experience, including knowledge of the design and construction industries.
- Background knowledge in design, material science, and product transparency/sustainability are strongly preferred.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and service-oriented individual with strong research and organizational skills and excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Prior knowledge of Bluebeam, Newforma and Deltek is preferred.
- Occasional travel between offices and conferences as required.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Resource Librarian duties as of the publication date. Solomon Cordwell Buenz reserves the right to alter the position’s duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.