The Resource Librarian manages, organizes, and maintains digital and material libraries at the Solomon Cordwell Buenz (SCB) San Francisco location, in collaboration with the other SCB offices. The collections include a variety of materials aiding in product selection and research for both the Interior Design and Architecture studios, alike. The Resource Librarian also maintains relationships with industry vendors, tracking the latest product introductions, and curating all materials that find their way into the library collections. The Resource Librarian works closely with the Technical Directors, Interior Design, and meets regularly with the Directors of Specifications and Information Technology in support of their services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operations of the firm’s material libraries; i.e. large product sample collections, print resources (codes, standards, product binders, magazines, etc.), and electronic resources.
- Provides research services to project teams, finding appropriate products for current projects, researching appropriate code/standards/ordinances and technical data, etc.
- Coordinates the AIA accredited Lunch and Learn presentation schedule, along with the Interior Design product presentation schedule, finding relevant presenters.
- Maintains relationships with industry vendors, meeting regularly for product updates and maintenance of vendor contacts.
- Develops and implements long-term planning for the material libraries.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the resources content on the firm’s intranet interface, including an activities calendar, digital resources, and posts on the latest presentations and products.
- Coordinates the use of AV, presentation, and construction administration equipment.
- An accredited professional degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or Art.
- An accredited graduate degree in disciplines such as, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Library Science, Product Design, etc. preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years post graduate design or construction related experience, including knowledge of the design and construction industries.
- Background knowledge in design, material science, and product transparency/sustainability are strongly preferred.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and service-oriented individual with strong research and organizational skills and excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Knowledge Software.
- Occasional travel between offices and conferences as required.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Resource Librarian duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter the position’s duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.