The Project Manager will coordinate and direct internal project teams, and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on medium to large-scale projects. We are seeking individuals to represent SCB’s mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to mentor our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to settle and grow.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits thorough understanding of complex building materials and systems, details and construction techniques, primary structural and MEPFP systems and their operation, and secondary building systems, with specific knowledge of Class A office buildings
- Exhibits thorough understanding of zoning, building code, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project and checks documents for compliance. Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations.
- When applicable, prepares initial fee proposals in conjunction with the Managing Principal and adheres to established scope of services. With participation of a principal negotiates additional services fees with Clients for additions to project scope and / or revised responsibilities.
- Exhibits a thorough knowledge of the Owner / Architect agreement, project schedule, and project budget parameters and organizes work activities to be in conformance. Takes responsibility for rectifying variances from established project goals. With participation of a Principal negotiates final Agreements with clients and consultants.
- Manages the financial performance of projects by proper allocation of resources, timely initiation and resolution of critical tasks, and effective decision-making.
- Supervises SCB staff during the construction phase of the project and attends progress review meetings in accordance with the Owner – Architect agreement. Reviews all requests for payment and change order proposals and certifies to Owner.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture.
- 10+ years’ experience on large scale, Class A office buildings and other experience on Multi-Family Residential buildings, Hotels, and/or Higher Educational Facilities a plus. License preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit and familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design preferred.
- Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, form, texture, proportion, composition
- Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated and explained to approval authority’s ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades
- Working knowledge of AIA standard contracts and customary scope of services and standard of care provided by architectural firms
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Senior Architect I job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrate diversity! SCB does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.