About SCB San Francisco
SCB is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence from offices in Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Seattle. We are looking to bring on board a Senior Project Architect to join our San Francisco team.
SCB’s San Francisco office, now 13 years young, has that distinctive California vibe. Chill, hip, and a little bit funky, our growing San Francisco family includes Chicago transplants, West Coast natives, and everyone in between. Best of all, we still have the local flair of an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and driven design professional to work on commercial mixed use projects up and down the West Coast, and in Hawaii. You’ll work with a team of talented and collaborative professionals to coordinate and direct internal project teams, and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on large-scale projects.
We are seeking individuals to represent SCB’s mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to help mentor and grow our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to put them to work and grow your career.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the overall management of the project team to deliver the project in accordance with the objectives and business terms agreed between Owner and Architect. With participation of a Principal-in-Charge negotiates final Agreements with the Owner and consultants.
- In conjunction with the Principal-in-Charge, the Project Manager has responsibility for managing the project team to achieve the financial performance targets set forth by the firm. Takes responsibility for rectifying variances from established project goals.
- Oversees the timely delivery of services throughout all project phases and manages the billing and receipt of payment for those services.
- Is the day-to-day point of contact and interface between the client and the SCB team and consultants. The Project Manger organizes client review meetings, sets agendas, runs the meetings and prepares meeting reports.
- When applicable, prepares initial fee proposals in conjunction with the Principal-in-Charge and adheres to established scope of services. With participation of a principal negotiates additional services fees with Clients for additions to project scope and / or revised responsibilities.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Supervises SCB staff during the construction phase of the project and attends progress review meetings in accordance with the Owner – Architect agreement. Reviews all requests for payment and change order proposals and certifies to Owner.
- Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations.
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and determined by SCB.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture.
- 10+ years’ experience on large scale Multi-Family Residential buildings and Class A office buildings. Higher Educational and Hotels Facilities a plus. License preferred.
- Familiarity with Revit and graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design preferred.
- Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, form, texture, proportion, composition
- Working knowledge of local zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated and explained to approval authority’s ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades.
- Working knowledge of AIA standard contracts and customary scope of services and standard of care provided by architectural firms.
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment.
- Values superior client service.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.