About SCB San Francisco
SCB is an award winning multi-disciplinary design firm with a national presence from offices in Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Seattle. We are looking to bring on board a Senior Project Architect to join our San Francisco team.
SCB’s San Francisco office, now 13 years young, has that distinctive California vibe. Chill, hip, and a little bit funky, our growing San Francisco family includes Chicago transplants, West Coast natives, and everyone in between. Best of all, we still have the local flair of an architectural start-up, backed by a well-established ninety-year practice.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and driven design professional to work on commercial mixed use projects up and down the West Coast, and in Hawaii. You’ll work with a team of talented and collaborative professionals to coordinate and direct internal project teams, and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on large-scale projects.
We are seeking individuals to represent SCB’s mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to help mentor and grow our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to put them to work and grow your career.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the formulation of the project design philosophy in conjunction with the Principal-in-Charge and adheres strictly to this philosophy in the execution of the work and in assignments to junior staff.
- Leads client design presentations working closely with multidisciplinary teams.
- Effectively prioritizes and fluidly transitions between of a wide range of concurrent projects at various stages of design.
- Reviews and conforms the design response to applicable zoning and / or development parameters.
- Throughout the project, reviews the drawing production for conformance to the design concept. Selects exterior and interior finishes, fixtures, colors and materials. During construction, responds to questions about design intent and reviews / approves material sample submittals and finishes.
- When required by the local jurisdiction, participates in presentations and / or hearings to present the project. Directs the preparation of any filing documents or exhibits required by the local jurisdiction.
- Gives and solicits feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and determined by SCB.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture.
- 10+ years’ experience on large scale Multi-Family Residential buildings and Class A office buildings. Higher Educational and Hotels Facilities a plus. License preferred.
- Have a passion for design, a pulse on emerging trends, and a developed point of view about your work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the capability to influence design outcomes.
- Acute attention to detail and aesthetic sensibility.
- Enthusiasm for utilizing a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, hands-on, creative environment
- Displays technical knowledge of local zoning ordinances, building codes, material assemblies, building systems, and engineering concepts.
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages
- Proficient in 3D digital modeling and graphics software such as Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, 3ds Max, Enscape, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Values superior client service.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.