SCB is looking for a Senior Planner to join our Chicago office. Preferred candidates for this position should have between 5-10 years of experience, with minimum of three years of private sector consulting experience. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a variety of planning and design projects that include public engagement and stakeholder outreach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management, with direct client contact, management of junior staff, coordination with senior staff and principals.
- Involvement in a variety of public and client meetings
- Preparation of master plans documents to include report preparation, site plans, district plans, land use analysis, transportation coordination and design of urban form.
- Preparation of zoning code analysis, with regulatory test fits, concept diagrams, illustrative graphics, and GIS mapping
- Research and analysis of precedents and best practices in support of a variety of planning, regulatory, and design projects
- Data collection, analysis, research, interpretation of detailed plans and regulatory documents
- Participation of marketing, proposal preparation, interviews and other promotional activities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and coordinate tasks and subconsultant disciplines
- Availability to travel post COVID-19 restrictions
- Degree in planning, urban design, architecture or landscape architecture
- 5-10 years of experience, including private sector consulting
- AICP Certification preferred, but not required
- Range of technical skills to include analysis and software including but not limited to Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, Microsoft Excel and CAD programs.
- Excellent graphic visualization skills, including plans, renderings, and diagrams
- Good communication and presentation skills in both writing and speaking.
- Basic understanding of architectural and landscape design.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Senior Planner job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.