Your Career with SCB
At SCB we design and impact urban environments with large scale projects; and have transformed the skyline of almost every major city across the country. We leverage our national experience to innovate and drive design solutions at every scale. We are designers that enjoy solving and delivering exciting and sophisticated designs for our clients. At SCB everyone touches the design. We appreciate bold, thoughtful, and creative people looking for new opportunities to influence and lead.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from multi-family, office, life sciences, campus environments, hospitality, aviation, and more. Our portfolio is comprised of the successful contributions and collaborations of our teams and their experience and expertise in getting great projects built.
The Senior Project Architect will coordinate and direct internal project teams, and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on medium to large-scale projects. We are seeking individuals to represent SCB’s mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to mentor our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to settle and grow.
What You Will Lead
- Organizes the work efforts of SCB’s project team on a day-to-day basis and functions as the primary facilitator of communication with the Client and other members of the project team.
- Is integral in the formulation of project design philosophy and adheres strictly to this philosophy in the execution of the work and in assignments to junior staff.
- Recognizes the qualitative goals set forth for each project and works toward achieving these goals while balancing design, technical and business objectives.
- Monitors the time spent by staff at all levels during all project phases and modifies the project work plan to conform with the fee, budget, and schedule, or takes other action to correct situations where tasks extend beyond the project fee, budget and/or schedule.
- Directs and supervises work of junior level staff in preparation of drawings, studies, models, and other project tasks. Mentors and trains junior staff in a constructive and thoughtful manner.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of complex building materials and systems, details and construction techniques, primary structural and MEP/FP systems and their operation, and secondary building systems.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of zoning, building code, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project and checks documents for compliance.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff.
Your Background & Qualifications
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture.
- 10+ years of experience on large scale, multi-disciplined projects. License preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit and familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design preferred. Proficiency with Newforma preferred.
- Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, form, texture, proportion, and composition.
- Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated, and explained to approval authorities.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades.
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts.
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment.
Life at SCB
You work in diverse studios with talent from across the country and the world. We support our teams with a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including, medical, dental, disability, paid holidays and time off, and 401K retirement matching. SCB’s wellness initiative established a flexible work environment even prior to COVID and we encourage our employees to lead healthy and balanced lives with year-round flexible hours and summer Friday hours.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development. SCB cultivates a strong coaching and professional development environment that encourages career growth with a multitude of training and reimbursement programs. We view our professional development programs as our responsibility to the broader AEC community.
SCB collects personal information (PI) provided to it by individuals including, but not limited to, names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers. The PI is primarily used for the purpose of maintaining contact with individuals or businesses. The PI, if disclosed outside of SCB, is only typical contact information and may be shared with individuals or other businesses in the ordinary course of SCB’s services (e.g. a client requests the contact information of a consultant). SCB does not sell nor offer to sell PI. You are allowed access to your PI and SCB will provide you a copy of the information upon request by calling our office numbers or emailing email@example.com. You may request that your PI be deleted, however SCB may need to retain some information when necessary, for example to meet a separate legal obligation.