The Studio Assistant is a member of the SCB support team supporting the Studio Leaders, Senior Architects, Project Architects and Architects/Interior Designers. The Studio Assistant will provide administrative support to the principals and studios in areas of documentation, communications, filing, scheduling, and coordination of project documents. The Studio Assistant will be assigned to assist any area of the firm which includes the Architecture/Interiors studios, finance, human resources, marketing, resource library and reception.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Calendar Maintenance: maintain calendars for your direct reports, i.e. schedule meetings, advise of conflicts and have a general awareness of their schedules as other studio members will look to you for this information.
- Communications: Process and distribute incoming/outgoing mail, packages or deliveries when necessary.
- Corporate Support: Order supplies for studio, maintain studio copiers/printers (i.e. contact the print room associate to replace toner, bring copy paper or handle problems with the machine) Keep paper trays filled, supplies stocked in area, etc., with the primary goal of providing seamless service to studio.
- Contact Information: Maintain and update contacts for staff and projects in Newforma or Cosential.
- Expense Reports: Process expense reports and monthly credit card statements for managers.
- Filing: Maintain knowledge of project directories. Correctly prepare and effectively maintain project-filing system, including project documents, submittals, and computer-generated files.
- Human Resources: Process resumes and schedule interviews as requested.
- Manpower: Assist Studio Leaders in updating weekly manpower projections which are due at the end of each week.
- Processing Project Related Documentation:
- Submittals: Process submittals through Newforma and train new architects/designers on maintenance, updating and processing project submittals as needed.
- R4/InfoKeeper: Process and coordinate files submitted to R4 for archiving. Coordinate files being retrieved from R4 as requested.
- General Correspondence: Train and assist new architects/designers on preparation of transmittals, letters, memos, meeting minutes, punch lists and Excel spreadsheets.
- Contract Documents: Process Design Services Proposals (Scope of Fees) and contracts based on templates posted on intranet. Process AIA contract documents.
- Reception Cover: Each Studio Assistant is responsible for covering Reception for lunch/breaks, etc. based on a rotation schedule. It is understood that if a conflict arises, changes in coverage will be worked out between Studio Assistants.
- Scheduling: Coordinate project meetings, including conference room bookings. Coordinate food orders, setup and clean up with Reception for all project related meetings involving studio members. Assist in the scheduling of studio outings and events.
- Pantry Maintenance: Studio Assistants are required to maintain the firm pantries. This includes making sure area is clear of dirty dishes, counters cleaned, dishwashers run on a timely basis, necessary supplies available, etc. per schedule with partner Studio Assistant. Snack bins refilled weekly per schedule with partner Studio Assistants.
- Support Meetings: Support meetings will be scheduled from time to time at which attendance is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience. Architecture firm experience a plus.
- Experience with AIA documents and submittal processing experience desired.
- High energy necessary for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent grammar, writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent typing skills, proficiency in Windows, MS Office, specifically word and excel with extensive knowledge of Outlook. Familiarity with Newforma as well as Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop is preferred.
- Ability to work with many different people, at all levels- from other admins to executive level team members and be a team player as well as respond quickly to various demands.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with deadlines and handle last-minute changes is essential.
- Willingness to assist other support staff functions when requested.
- Proactive, open to making suggestions and receptive to altering practices to streamline functions.
- Availability to work overtime when required.
- Physical ability to perform moderately strenuous, routine office-related tasks and duties with or without accommodation.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Studio Assistant job duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.