SCB is seeking a Visualization Specialist for our Chicago office with experience in architectural visualization. This individual should possess strong visual communication skills and be proficient at working in a team environment. The position will require daily multi-tasking with the ability to self-manage assigned visualization tasks. This individual must be articulate, attentive listener, and able to anticipate the best visualization solution based on SCB standards. The position also has a strong emphasis on creating a high level of artistically compelling and visually accurate renderings that tell a story. They will work directly with Architectural, Interiors, and Planning design staff with setting up visualization scenes for the studio design staff or providing publication ready/marketing quality finished renderings. Individuals should also have diverse experience in industry standard visualization applications and skillsets including, but not limited to; 3ds Max/V-Ray visualization, Adobe CC post-production, animations, and drone regulation knowledge. This position will provide an opportunity for an individual looking to broadening their passion for Architectural, Interior Design, and Planning visualizations while working with the challenges of a production workflow and project deadlines.
- Ability to create and/or set up compelling marketing quality visualization imagery by using supplied models from Revit, SketchUp, and Rhino that drives an emotional story
- Provides firm-wide assistance to studios by setting up visualization production content
- Organize work efforts, self-monitor time spent on tasks, and update project teams with progress
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable, focused, and detail-oriented while consistently meeting deadlines
- Understands and conforms work to SCB visualization production standards and design process
- Understands industry production concepts and applications as it pertaining to architecture, interior design, and planning.
- Seeks input and direction from both the design team and others in the Visualization Studio.
- Willingness to experiment with different rendering techniques based on direction project design team
- Works effectively in a team atmosphere with a willingness to learn and constructively support the studio’s visualization production at all times
- Participate in Visualization Production Critiques
- Works with the visualization leadership on developing new technology as it relates to visualization
- Responsible for testing new software and constantly looking for new beneficial techniques as they pertain to SCB’s visualization production workflow
- Professional degree in Architecture, Visualization Design, or relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate, full-time design studio production environment
- Exceptional understanding of color, lighting, modeling and texturing techniques in various applications
- Exceptional understanding and proficiency of rendering/post-production techniques in 3ds Max, V-Ray, and Photoshop
- Exceptional knowledge of Revit, Rhino, SketchUp modeling software
- Intermediate knowledge of Unreal Studio with 3ds Max and V-Ray Next.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
The above constitutes a general description of the Visualization Specialist II duties as of the publication date. SCB reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.